Brain power is the most important piece of your livelihood. Keeping your mind sharp will allow to excel in all other areas of your life. Here are a few things you can do to bring your mental fitness to life.
- Physical Activity – We often keep hundreds of “TO DOs” in our mind on a weekly basis. Committing 30 minutes a day to physical exercise will give your brain a rest . Not only that, it will reduce the stress that your “TO DOs” create.
- Eat Healthy- Eating small balanced meals throughout the day gives you a steady form of energy. Keeping up your mental fitness requires giving your body the nutrition it needs. Eating healthy will give you sustained energy throughout the day and help you think better. Do it!
- Sleep – Eight hours daily. Part of keeping your mental fitness in top shape is to give your brain a rest. Eight hours of quality sleep will give your brain a great recharge. I suggest keeping all TV and electronic devices out of your bedroom so NOTHING will disturb your rest.
- Day of Rest – Work six days a week and rest for one. Take that one day to do anything your heart desires, as long as it isn’t work related. You get to give your brain a chance to fill itself with enjoyable thoughts. Your mental fitness will benefit in a HUGE way if you can stay faithful to this.
- Learn Something New – Spend at least 10 minutes a day in personal development. Read a book that will add knowledge and help you grow at whatever it is you are passionate about. Learning something new daily will really grow your mental fitness. It’s like increasing weights in the gym, except the mental gains you can see are limitless!
Even if you only select two or three of these to incorporate into your daily routine, you’ll notice a significant change almost immediately. Give it a try and tell us your success on Twitter. Use #ubfblog.